Fire Weather Watch for Weed, Mount Shasta, Dunsmuir and McCloud
URGENT – FIRE WEATHER MESSAGENational Weather Service Medford OR231 PM PDT Wed Sep 8 2021
…Strong gusty winds expected today followed by strong gustywinds and thunderstorms possible Thursday and Friday…
.Strong gusty winds and dry humidities are expected east of theSouthern Oregon Cascades this afternoon and early this evening.An area of low pressure will move towards the region Thursday resultingin an additional period of strong, gusty winds for areas east ofthe Cascades as well as chances for elevated and potentially drythunderstorms or showers across the East Side and NorthernCalifornia. Strong, gusty outflows are possible with anythunderstorms or showers that form Thursday, especially east ofthe Cascades. Thursday night through Friday afternoon, as the lowbegins to move inland, the chance for thunderstorms and abundantlightning on dry fuels increases from the Cascades east. Storms areexpected to be accompanied by some rainfall.
CAZ282-090945-/O.NEW.KMFR.FW.A.0037.210909T2000Z-210910T1200Z/Shasta-Trinity National Forest in Siskiyou County-231 PM PDT Wed Sep 8 2021
…FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGHLATE THURSDAY NIGHT FOR STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RH AND ABUNDANTLIGHTNING ON DRY FUELS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 282…
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire WeatherWatch…which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through lateThursday night.
* Impacts: Gusty winds, low relative humidity, critically dry vegetation Thursday afternoon and evening along with a potential for isolated to scattered thunderstorms Thursday afternoon through Thursday night. Gusty winds will greatly increase the spread potential of any new and existing fires. Lightning and high fire danger may result in new fire starts. Despite rainfall, initial attack resources could be overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area: In Northern CA…Fire Weather Zone 282. This includes portions of the Shasta-Trinity National Forest in south central Siskiyou County near and east of Mount Shasta City.
* Wind: South winds 8 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph Thursday afternoon. Strong, gusty and erratic winds expected near thunderstorms or showers.
* Thunderstorms: Isolated to scattered thunderstorms may develop late Thursday afternoon and continue overnight. Storms are expected to initially be dry, with strong, gusty outflows then may moisten up Thursday night and bring rainfall along with gusty winds.
* Humidity: 15 to 20 percent Thursday afternoon.
* View the hazard area in detail at: https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mfr/HAZARD